Calapooia Brewing is a proud supporter of the following community organizations:
- Calapooia Watershed Council – Providing opportunities for membership to cooperate in promoting and sustaining the health of the watershed.
- South Santiam Watershed Council – To involve local people in the enhancement and protection of the South Santiam River Watershed for the social and economic benefit of its landowners, managers, and users.
- Rotary Club of Albany – Service above self.
- Calapooia Classic and Willamette Open Disc Golf Tournaments
- Blue Sky Renewable Energy Program Participants
We helped develop and host the Calapooia and South Santiam Watershed Council annual fundraiser. 25% of the profits from the evening are donated to the Councils for their education efforts.
Calapooia Brewing Co. has hosted the Greater Albany Annual Crab Fest for the past several years. We donate the space for the event, plus donate 40% of the evening’s profits to the Rotary for their charity efforts.
We have been the title sponsor for these two events, which bring up to 200 people to the Mid-Valley each year, in 2007 and 2008.
Calapooia Brewing Co. has chosen to use renewable energy to power our brewery. In 2008, our support of 40,236 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy avoided the release of 48,748 pounds of carbon dioxide – equal to not driving a car 49,435 miles!
Calapooia Brewing Co. has also donated to the following local and national organizations:
Boys & Girls Club of Albany
Boys & Girls Club of Lebanon
Linn-Benton Food Share
Sundborn Children’s House
FISH of Albany
Kids for Kids (provides goats for families in Darfur, Sudan)
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
Albany Fire Department